Followers

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Draft Evaluation- Question 2.

2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?
My Music Magazine represents particular social groups. It does this due to its significant grab to the audience I wanted it too. By using fonts, colours, themes, models and music genre I created a magazine to grab the attention of the young, male and female, indie/rock/punk lovers. The colour schemes I used were bland, stuck out and are a well-known and often used set of colours on a few music magazines such as NME, Mojo and Q magazine.  
For my original Rapture Magazine, when I was doing the vintage theme, the audience profile for it was chosen to be readers that will mainly be girls, but obviously the magazine would have been unisex. I was going to be aiming it at people aged between 16-24 and possibly onward.  The genre of the magazine was vintage and retro, so a lot of the news and music inside would be from the 60's/70's/80's era, so obviously the magazine could appeal to people as old as 40+. Modern times, there aren't many vintage/retro styled magazines that are still running, so doing this kind of magazine is a huge opportunity to have a lot of audience.

The social groups represented within my media products would be indie and mainstream. My target audience is the younger era, so from ages of 16-24. A lot of indie/mainstream social groups begin to show their style around these ages the most. With the modelling clothing I have used and the models style, you can see here I have represented the look of an indie mainstream band, to match with particular social groups.

1 comment:

  1. what social group/groups are represented? use uktribes (password: iblametheparents) to help with this. this question isn't about appeal (that is relevant to anothe question entirely)

    ReplyDelete